Two Instructor Training Courses – March & April
21st & 22nd March
7th & 8th April
Two Days; 9:00 – 17:00 each day.
Cost: €130 per person
Candidates will need to attend both days of their chosen course – you can’t do day one of one course and day two of another – sorry. Each course has a separate booking link.
|Course 1||21st & 22nd March||Baltinglass Outdoor Education Centreemail@example.com|
|Course 2||7th & 8th April||Larch Hill Scout and Guide Centre||https://goo.gl/forms/OOLolG8vtq1DiIjJ2|
Prerequisites are that candidates have a basic knowledge of the sport, including some event experience, ideally this should consist of a minimum of three public events on Orange or Red courses.The award is aimed at club orienteers, teachers, youth leaders and outdoor pursuits instructors that are interested in introducing people to the sport of orienteering.
During the course trainee instructors will:
- Explore a range of activities suitable for the introduction of orienteering in the classroom, school grounds and in local parks and woods.
- Plan and deliver sessions that develop basic understanding of orienteering skills & navigation techniques.
- Be introduced to the IOA Orienteering Ability Awards as a progressive scheme for the advancement of skills in novice and beginner participants.
- Become familiar with equipment and skills necessary to organise orienteering activities.
- Learn to carry out risk assessments and use these in conjunction with the orienteering venue terrain guide.
- Use course planning tools to organise simple orienteering activities in private grounds, parks and small woods.
After completing their training, candidates will be required to log teaching hours and complete a practical teaching assessment to qualify as an IOA Orienteering Instructor.
Questions & Queries: firstname.lastname@example.org