Orienteering Mapping Course
Orienteering Ireland is running a 4-week online course on Introduction to Mapping using OCAD software. The course is aimed at the those new to mapping. Over a progressive series of four weekly online workshops participants will learn to:
1. Complete an urban sprint orienteering map that complies to international standards.
2. Complete an orienteering map of a park / school grounds.
3. Georeference and make small updates to any orienteering map.
Starting on Monday 2nd October 2023, for four consecutive Mondays, each workshop will last two hours from 19:30 – 21:30, and will take place via Zoom.
Monday 2nd October
Monday 9th October
Monday 16th October
Monday 23th October
Each participant will be given a temporary OCAD licence for 6 weeks from the beginning of the course.
– OCAD is a Windows Software – you will need Windows 8, 10 or 11
– 100 MB of free disk space for the installation
– Basic knowledge of file handling
Note for MAC users OCAD is a Windows software. Additional software like Virtual PC, Parallels Desktop, VMWare Fusion or Bootcamp must be installed on the MAC to use OCAD. For more information, see the OCAD Wiki – OCAD on Mac OS X page.
The course is open to members of Orienteering Ireland and its clubs. You can register here.