Sport Ireland have confirmed to us that Orienteering competitions can return from June 7th. There are some protocols, similar to what was in place last summer. An email with details of what is required have been sent to each club.
We are updating the Event Guidelines and Participant Code of Conduct at the moment, but in summary.
- Pre-registration of all participants
- Limit of 100 competitors, officials etc for the moment but this can be increased if needed.
- 2 meter distancing in place
- No crowding at Assembly, Start and Download.
- People arrive ready to take part and leave immediately afterwards
- Each club will have a Covid Officer to ensure compliance of events.
- The IOA has responsibility to ensure compliance of all IOA clubs
The above list is an outline to allow you to begin preparation for events from June 7th. It is important that each club register their June events ASAP.
The current Event Guidelines and Participant Code of Conduct are at the link below.