Orienteering Coaching Course
There is a two day Orienteering Instructor Training course in Larch Hill Scout Centre, Tibradden, Co. Dublin on Thursday/Friday 27th & 28th October 2016
This is an IOA and Coaching Ireland accredited course aimed at club orienteers, teachers, youth leaders and outdoor instructors in a position to introduce beginners to the sport of orienteering.
Candidates will gain the knowledge and understanding to teach the basic skills of orienteering in a fun, safe and progressive manner.
Trainee instructors will:
- Be introduced to the Orienteering Ability Awards as a progressive scheme for developing orienteering skills in novice and beginner participants.
- Explore a range of activities suitable for introducing of orienteering in the classroom, school grounds and in local parks and woods.
- Become familiar with equipment and skills necessary to organise orienteering activities.
- Learn to carry out risk assessments for orienteering activities and how to use simple course planning tools.
- Develop the communication, questioning and feedback skills appropriate for the teaching of orienteering.
- Be observed and offered feedback when teaching orienteering skills.
This is a two day training course, trainee instructors wishing to qualify as an Orienteering Instructor will log 20 hours teaching experience and return for a half day practical assessment demonstrating their instructing skills.
For more information or to book a place contact email@example.com