Mac Tire Award – final call for nominations
Nominees are sought for this award, which will be presented at the Orienteering Ireland AGM on 30th April 2022 in Killarney, during the Irish Orienteering Championships.
Please send all nominations to: email@example.com by Friday 22nd April.
The Mac Tire Award is awarded annually in recognition of the development of the sport of orienteering. Some examples are: a new map; a new technology; bringing orienteering to a new part of the country; introducing a new group to the sport; revitalising a neglected area of the sport; enhancing the social aspects of the sport, staging a major event.
- Once five years have passed a person is again eligible to win an award that they have won before.
- Serving Orienteering Ireland committee members cannot receive the Mac Tire Award.
- must be from an Orienteering Ireland affiliated club, or from a member of an Orienteering Ireland affiliated club. Nominations do not need to be seconded.
- must contain a short description of why the nominee should receive the award – typically this will be two or three sentences.
- should indicate if the person was nominated unsuccessfully in a previous year.
- must be submitted by the closing date.
- should be for an individual – group nominations are discouraged.
- will be published on orienteering.ie in advance of the award ceremony.
- cannot be from a current judge or from a current member of the Orienteering Ireland executive committee.
- the award will be judged by the previous three recipients of the award.
- the judges’ decision is final.
- group awards are discouraged – the judges should strive to select individual winners
- if there are no nominations, or if the judges feel that the nominees are not of the required standard, then an award may not be given.