June 18th/19th: Orienteering Instructor Level 1
Dates for the next Level 1 Instructor Course are 18th – 19th June (Saturday and Sunday)
Upon completion of the training course, candidates will be required to log teaching hours and complete a practical teaching assessment to qualify as an Orienteering Ireland Level 1 Orienteering Instructor.
Candidates should have a basic knowledge of the sport, including some event experience, ideally this should consist of a minimum of three public events on Orange or Red courses.
- Explore a range of activities suitable for the introduction of orienteering in the classroom, school grounds and in local parks and woods.
- Plan and deliver sessions that develop basic understanding of orienteering skills & navigation techniques.
- Be introduced to the Orienteering Ireland Orienteering Ability Awards as a progressive scheme for the advancement of skills in novice and beginner participants.
- Become familiar with equipment and skills necessary to organise orienteering activities.
- Learn to carry out risk assessments and use these in conjunction with the orienteering venue terrain guide.
- Use course planning tools to organise simple orienteering activities in private grounds, parks and small woods.
Book your place
Here is the link for the instructor training course on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/320714173727
More info can be found on the Orienteering Education page here: https://www.orienteering.ie/orienteering-education-resource/education-courses/