Level 1 Orienteering Instructor Training 18th & 19th April
We are looking for orienteers of all levels of experience and ability who have an interest in promoting the sport of orienteering through coaching and instruction. We are offering you the opportunity to take part in a two day Level 1 instructor course which is recognised by Coaching Ireland
- 18 years or older.
- Demonstrate the skills and techniques to navigate orange or red courses at least three open events.
ABOUT THE TRAINING
- The training course will take place over two consecutive days in a mixture of indoor and outdoor settings.
- The skills of instructing and coaching orienteering will be discussed and practiced through hands on experience.
- The training will provide candidates with the skills and resources to run a series of progressive orienteering lessons for novices and intermediate participants.
DURING THE COURSE INSTRUCTORS WILL:
- Explore a range of activities suitable for the introduction of orienteering in urban areas, parks and forests.
- Plan, organise and deliver orienteering sessions that help participates develop their skills from novice to intermediate level.
- Be introduced to the Orienteering Skills Awards as a progressive scheme for the development of skills in novice and beginner orienteers.
- Become familiar with equipment and skills necessary to organise safe and enjoyable orienteering activities.
- Use course planning tools to organise simple orienteering activities in private grounds, parks and small woods.
- After completing their training, candidates will be required to log coaching hours and complete a practical assessment to qualify as an IOA Orienteering Instructor.
DATE & VENUE
South Dublin area
Saturday and Sunday, 18th & 19th April 2020
9.30 – 17.00 each day
€140 Per Person, there are discounts available for those who are members of Orienteering Clubs. email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this.