Forum

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Two sprint races in Limerick 12 March 2016
Mike
Advanced
Post Two sprint races in Limerick 12 March 2016
on: March 4, 2016, 16:45

Dear All
The next round of the Campus Sprint Series / Junior Squad fund raiser takes place in Limerick next Saturday 12 March.
Race 1 will take place at Mary Imaculate College on the west side of Limerick - easily accessible from the Dublin - Limerick - Ennis motorway, see

http://www.mic.ul.ie/visitors/CampusMap/FULL MAP 2014 lores.jpg

Unfortunately there is another event on at Mary I that morning so it may not be easy to park in the College. It is recommended that you park on the road outside. There should be plenty of space.
Start times 11-1.
We will have registration in the Foundation Building (the main building) in room number is G10 which is on the ground floor behind the reception area. 
The race will be on a brand new 1:2000 (note scale!) map by Pat Healy. Two course have been planned by Pat and Jackie Mc Cavana and these will be of the order of 2.5 km and 1.5 km each.
These races are intended to be the \"prologue\" to the \"final\" which will be held in University of Limerick in the afternoon. The first 20 or so in the Mary I race will enter the \"A\" final, the next 20 or so the \"B\" final and so on.

For UL Directions:- Follow signs to the University of Limerick. Please approach via the main entrance (it has giant flagpoles). Take the first exit at the first roundabout and the first exit at the second roundabout. The car park is on the right hand side.
The Carpark is P21 on the campus map http://www.ul.ie/buildings/sites/default/files/UL Map 2016.pdf

Safety Notice:- The main road running through the campus can be quite busy.

The courses will be on a 1:4000 sprint map and have been planned by Danny O\'Hare and comprise long 3.3km medium 2.4km short 1.5km.

For start times the UL event will run between 2pm and 3.30pm for general entries but the faster runners can run later at 2min intervals 
B Final start times from 2.30 to 3.08
A Final start times from 3.10 to 3.48
Please note that it is forbidden to go through buildings marked in black.

Cost will be €10 for both races for adults.
We are trying to encourage studnets and members of OPC (outdoor pursuits clubs) in UL to race and the cost for them will be a low student price of €4. 

Hope to see you all there.
Mike

Drumlog
Post Re: Two sprint races in Limerick 12 March 2016
on: March 11, 2016, 13:47

Try to find exactly where to go as the location of the first event seems nowhere near Plassey Park Road, as per the fixtures list. Although it is further it now seems that the start window is extended for a further hour than shown on the fixture list.

I\'m trying to make sense of the map link provided which is proving difficult. Is it the case that it is orientated south for some unknown reaason? In any case the best junction to leave the motorway would be useful.

High-
Performanc-
e
Beginner
on: March 11, 2016, 14:24

Depends on what direction you are approaching Limerick. Mary I would appear to be a small college, I think getting to here would be very close to the Foundation Building where registration is.

I don\'t hold out much hope for the sense of direction of new primary school teachers if they\'ve that map to use, very odd orientation.

Mike
Advanced
on: March 11, 2016, 20:10

Coming from Dublin, go to the end of the M7, merge on to N18 signposted Ennis, come off at Junction 2 of the N18, take the N69 (Dock RD) towrds Limerick centre for about 1.2 km and turn off to the right onto Ashborne Ave. MIC will then be on your left. See parking instructions above

Pages: [1]

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.089 seconds.
Orienteering in Ireland
  • Orienteering Ireland
    Irish Sport HQ
    Blanchardstown
    D15 DY62
    Ireland
  • fixtures@orienteering.ie
  • info@orienteering.ie