Forum

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Faith White RIP
johnmccull-
ough
Pro
Post Faith White RIP
on: May 10, 2022, 12:49

The death has occurred of Faith White, one of our long serving orienteers. Faith passed away on April 30th and her funeral is on Friday 13th May. Here is a link to the notice on rip.ie. The funeral can be viewed online.

Faith was a member of Setanta Orienteers and subsequently of SOLAR. She was the international officer of the Irish Orienteering Association for many years, effectively the ambassador for Irish orienteering, representing IOA at International Orienteering Federation meetings, and she was the main mover in bringing the IOF Congress to Maynooth in 1984. She also served as Chairperson of IOA.

Her daughter, Roxanne, is still active in orienteering. I am sure that everyone will join me in expressing sympathy to her son and daughter, Shane and Roxanne.

May she rest in peace.

JMcC

David-
Masterson
Pro
Post Re: Faith White RIP
on: May 13, 2022, 12:25

Deepest condolences to her family and friends. Faith gave me my first orienteering suit in 1993, a shiny Setanta one (since our school didnt have its own orienteering club at that stage). I'll never forget how cold I was wearing it - taught me to move faster!

Pages: [1]

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.05 seconds.