Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SI BSF8 Battery Change Tutorial
David-
Masterson
Pro
Post SI BSF8 Battery Change Tutorial
on: January 21, 2022, 21:57

Heyho,

Several people have asked me about changing batteries in these boxes, since I started doing it for CNOC - so I made a video about it:

Here's where I got my parts:

You can get these components in other places, so browse around for better pricing if you have time. I had to buy replacement o-rings direct from SportIdent Germany - ordering was a bit weird (via email, payment via bank transfer) but pretty straightforward. Good to deal with. They also sell batteries and sealant if you want to get it all in one place.

I didn't buy the special case to fit the o-rings, I just do it by hand - its not difficult. You will lose old o-rings when opening boxes, they are not very hard-wearing, and the old sealant will be all over them. Better to put fresh ones in. Similarly, I didn't buy a bending gauge. I figured if you need a gauge to tell you how to bend the wires, it's probably not a good idea to open the box in the first place.

Have fun, and dont burn the house down.
johnmccull-
ough
Pro
Post Re: SI BSF8 Battery Change Tutorial
on: January 26, 2022, 17:56

A very useful demonstration, Dave. I have been doing this for several years and it works well and is a lot cheaper and quicker than having it done commercially..

John McC

Pages: [1]

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.037 seconds.