Forum

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Dublin by Night Orienteering - Sport Ireland Campus
Angus
Pro
Post Re: Dublin by Night Orienteering - Sport Ireland Campus
on: January 16, 2022, 00:17

Thank you very much. The 3 of us enjoyed it a lot.

The courses on routegadget need to be repositioned.

psmythirl
Pro
on: January 16, 2022, 18:55

Thanks. Enjoyed it.

There are some issues with the spits. My printed splits are correct, but the splits in the results aren't. In my case I punched 147 after my first control. This isn't on my course but the split time for it is appearing in my results on O.ie. This means that the split shown for no. 3 is actually for no. 2 and is missing the time to the incorrect control (147). My fourth split is actually my third, My fifth is actually my fourth, etc.

imurphy
Pro
on: January 16, 2022, 20:05

Quote from Angus on January 16, 2022, 00:17

Thank you very much. The 3 of us enjoyed it a lot.

The courses on routegadget need to be repositioned.

The map file was re-deployed earlier this evening, so RouteGadget looks good.
Some shenanigans about purple pen and dpi, replaced with ocad extract on recommended dpi.

https://about.me/IMurphy

johnmccull-
ough
Pro
on: January 16, 2022, 23:47

Thanks for a nice run on a perfect Saturday night for orienteering.

For some reason my route (a GPX file from a Garmin Forerunner saved from Strava as usual) won't upload to Routegadget. Has anyone else had a problem with it?

I know I can draw my route in with a mouse but ...

John McC

(Actually I can't draw it with a mouse because it's not registering control 7).

PS I have found that if you're exporting the map file to Purple Pen you need to set the DPI to 180.

Angus
Pro
on: January 17, 2022, 10:16

Yes, with both events. There seems to be a glich. I could get my route to appear by moving the adjustment slider to, I think a minus time. This caused my route to appear but it was not aligned to the controls, so I had to move it around to fit it.

l0stinthew-
oods
Administrator
on: January 17, 2022, 12:32

Really enjoyable event, amazing detail on the map and great to be in a place I'd never been.

Thanks FIN!

PS was anyone able to work out what the offest is for Routegadget? I'm experiencing the same as Angus/John.....

imurphy
Pro
on: January 20, 2022, 00:31

Quote from psmythirl on January 16, 2022, 18:55

There are some issues with the spits. My printed splits are correct, but the splits in the results aren't. In my case I punched 147 after my first control. This isn't on my course but the split time for it is appearing in my results on O.ie. This means that the split shown for no. 3 is actually for no. 2 and is missing the time to the incorrect control (147). My fourth split is actually my third, My fifth is actually my fourth, etc.

Hi Paul, we found the issue with splits after uploading to a test event.
Turns out there was a course name mismatch between the online entry and the setup in Ór. The DNFs kept the course tag that was transferred from the entry system, the rest of the finishers got the course tag from Ór.  Once we made these consistent the results looked better, Also the DNFs had been dropped from results but are now appearing.
I've just uploaded the results again. Unfortunately this has removed the RouteGadgets that had been uploaded, so the following entrants will have to upload their GPX files again to the event result from the 16th.
Night
Long; Gavan Doherty, Angus Tyner, Zoe Tyner, Ivan Vasikov, John O'Donovan
Short; David Smyth
Test Night event
Long; Sean Kearns, John O'Donovan
Short; John McCullough 

https://about.me/IMurphy

psmythirl
Pro
on: January 20, 2022, 00:46

That's great! Thanks Ian.

I think it would be worth compiling (over time), a document in the Ór section on O.ie that details issues like this that organisers have run into, and the eventual solution if any. 

Pages: 1 [2]

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.072 seconds.