Forum

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bray Head - 19th September 2021
l0stinthew-
oods
Administrator
Post Bray Head - 19th September 2021
on: September 15, 2021, 23:55

GEN is organising a Come & Try It orienteering event on Bray Head this Sunday 19th September.

Most detail is on https://www.orienteering.ie/fixtures/bray-bray-head/ but please note that entries close at midnight on Thursday.

There are some additional notes relevant to experienced orienteers:

• The climb on all courses is within recommended course guidelines (< 4% of total distance) but concentrated in a few 
    controls.
  • If you are a regular Orange or Senior Short/Light Green competitors the Medium will be about right but a challenge due to the concentrated climb. Regular Brown & Blue course runners will hopefully enjoy the Long course (some excellent detail and route choices), but the area is physical again due to the climb. See results from last year which should give a good indication of what to expect on https://www.orienteering.ie/result2/?oaction=moreResult&id=22292.
  • Although they look similar some areas of impenetrable gorse have been mapped as fight while other areas of impenetrable gorse are vertical green lines for thick undergrowth.
  • Some of the SI units will be tied by wire to something fixed and may take longer to beep.
  • All maps will be on waterproof paper or bags provided.
  • Control descriptions will be on the map and hopefully on the website beforehand but not loose at the event.
  • Short course map is at 1:5,000 scale while Medium & Long are 1:7,500

If there are any questions unanswered here on the the orienteering.ie site please post here?

We hope to see you there.

DONET
Post Re: Bray Head - 19th September 2021
on: September 16, 2021, 10:37

Hi,

I'm Elodie and I'm French experienced orienteer. I'm in Dublin (Poppintree) for 3 months, I registered for the race on Sunday at Bray. If someone could give me a lift, I would much appreciate it.

I’m fully vaccinated and I wear a mask.

I'm looking forward to discover your beautiful Ireland terrains.

See you Sunday,

Elodie DONET

DONET
on: September 16, 2021, 10:37

Hi,

I'm Elodie and I'm French experienced orienteer. I'm in Dublin (Poppintree) for 3 months, I registered for the race on Sunday at Bray. If someone could give me a lift, I would much appreciate it.

I’m fully vaccinated and I wear a mask.

I'm looking forward to discover your beautiful Ireland terrains.

See you Sunday,

Elodie DONET

Val
Pro
on: September 17, 2021, 20:24

Hi Elodie

Can you send me an email to valjone@gmail.com.

and we can arrange something.

Val 

John R
Beginner
on: September 20, 2021, 12:22

Big thank you to the GEN team for all the work and good spirits that went into making Bray Head happen yesterday ... from car parking to challenging (body, mind, optic nerve, the works) courses funneled through a very narrow viable course planning corridor to (the second year of) great weather.

See you all soon.

John & Cuan

Pages: [1]

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.074 seconds.