Forum

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DIY time!
davidhealy
Beginner
Post DIY time!
on: July 19, 2021, 10:54
It's DIY time!

Self training orienteering courses are set up for the summer so don't forget to print your own map, join the dots to make your own course . And most importantly, get out there!

with thanks to 3rock O club and the the Wicklow Mountains National Park Department of Housing, Local Govt. & Heritage.
OrsolyaCs
Post Re: DIY time!
on: September 19, 2021, 18:38

Hi All, 

Is the training course in Pine Forest still up?

I know, the course on Brockagh is no longer available but I hope the other one is still up for some training.

I used and loved these training grounds during the summer and I wish there would be something similar from time to time somewhere around. Massive thanks for everybody setting these up!

(I know there are the permanent courses but these two were a much higher standard) 

davidhealy
Beginner
on: September 21, 2021, 11:52

Hi

Yes these trainings are more in line with the true standard of orienteering. The Pine Forest controls are still set out in the terrain for your DIY needs.

https://genorienteeringclub.com/pine-forest-training-maps-and-descriptions/

Tell someone about your training plans if you're going alone and check back in with them after for safety.

Good luck!

Ajax1961
on: September 26, 2021, 18:51

Hi David,

I took the opportunity this morning to visit some of your controls in the Pine Forest - there were three other groups doing the same while I was there so it seems they are being used - well done for providing this and hopefully it will be good preparation for the JHI in 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Donal.

Pages: [1]

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.