Orienteering mapping course - online (Oct 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd)
|Venue||Orienteering mapping course - online (Oct 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd)|
|Start Times||19:30 - 21:30|
|Contact||Déirdre Ní Challanáin firstname.lastname@example.org|
Adults: €25 / person
Orienteering mapping course for beginners using OCAD, 4 weekly online workshops via Zoom, starting Monday 2nd October 2023
Orienteering Ireland is running a 4-weekly online course on Introduction to Mapping using OCAD software. The course is aimed at the those new to mapping. Over a progressive series of four weekly online workshops participants will learn to:
1. Complete an urban sprint orienteering map that complies to international standards.
2. Complete an orienteering map of a park / school grounds.
3. Georeference and make small updates to any orienteering map.
Each workshop will last two hours from 19:30 - 21:30, and will take place via Zoom, on the first four Mondays of October 2023:
Monday 2nd October
Monday 9th October
Monday 16th October
Monday 23th October
Each participant will be given a temporary OCAD licence for 6 weeks from the beginning of the course.
- OCAD is a Windows Software - you will need Windows 8, 10 or 11
- 100 MB of free disk space for the installation
- Basic knowledge of file handling
Note for MAC users OCAD is a Windows software. Additional software like Virtual PC, Parallels Desktop, VMWare Fusion or Bootcamp must be installed on the MAC to use OCAD. For more information, see the OCAD Wiki - OCAD on Mac OS X page.
|Difficulty rating||1/10 Buggy-friendly, paths only|
Results from previous events held near here