Great Eastern Navigators
|18:30 - 19:30
|Jct of Sandyford Rd/ Parkvale
Adults: €8 / person
|Ballawley Park is a small suburban park with a mixture of forest, mature trees and open land. Both courses will make use of the surrounding housing estates and the grounds of the IMI (Irish Management Institute). There are no major road crossings however participants need to be aware of traffic and pedestrians in the area.
Long - 5km, 28 Controls
Short - 2.9km 17 controls
· 1:4000, ISSprOM 2019-2
· A4 Rite in the Rain
· SIAC will be enabled
· Control descriptions will be printed on the map.
· Loose copies available in the start box.
· Map flip on Long Course.
· Both courses have controls in the surrounding housing estates.
· There are no major road crossings however participants need to take care when crossing roads and carparks.
· Participants need to be aware of the likelihood of meeting non-orienteering pedestrians or cyclists during their run. Please be respectful other park users.
· A steep embankment in the IMI campus will be taped off. It is mapped as a dark green vegetation but has recently been thinned - keep-out.
· This is a sprint event – features that are mapped as impassable are not to be crossed even if a runner feels they are physically capable of the challenge!
Enter online on orienteering.ie
|Entries open on
|29/01/2023 @ 11:00 AM
|03/02/2023 @ 23:59 PM
Results from previous events held near here
|University College Dublin; Belfield