Clear all

Training

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@davidhealy)

Hi

As you may have seen from the forum I’ve put on three training events this first half of the year in the Leinster region. So when we come back after the summer I’d like to do some more. And so far I’ve had great help from setanta and cnoc and I just want to say a big thanks!!

Id like to know - what do you think a united area like Leinster needs for a regular training fixture? Open floor for ideas and discussion. 

Its my intention after the summer break to put on a beginner training for folks running yellows and oranges. There will be hot chocolate again!!

Topic starter
(@davidhealy)

Free licence so
🙂

Rory
(@roryajax)
Trusted Member

Hi David. Thanks again for organising the training, I found it useful and enjoyable.

Personally I\'d be interested in a refresher on techniques for open hillside (pacing, following bearings, contouring vs straight line, difference between crag and boulder, etc)... Green ish level... Its a while since I would have learnt this properly as opposed to trial and error at events.

(@niamh)
Trusted Member

Hi David,
I think a regular training fixture in Leinster would be fantastic. CNOC (Mick O\'Farrell) were doing something once a month for beginners in the last year.
You can never go wrong with hot chocolate!
Niamh

Share:
Orienteering in Ireland
Orienteering Ireland, Irish Sport HQ, Blanchardstown
D15 DY62, Ireland