Notifications
Clear all

Cahore Beech Leinster League March 27th

13 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@angus)
Honorable Member

I edited the fixture so make Brown course available. 

Topic starter
(@alan-odonnell)

I would ask people that are entering to do so as early as possible. Maps are to be printed on A3 paper so we must submit numbers to the printer early. 

%0D%0A

Cahore

%0D%0A

%0D%0A

• Terrain: The terrain is mostly runnable sand dunes. The vegetation on the dunes nearer the sea is mostly marram grass. Further away from the sea there is more long grass, ferns, and some brambles making running a bit slower. There are some small trees and bushes in places. Midway down the area there is a large section of marine bushes similar to gorse. This is marked as green fight on the map. Compared to other sand dune areas in Ireland, Cahore is most similar to Bull Island. However there are some larger dunes on Cahore.
  • %0D%0A

• Control Descriptions: On map and available for download on http://fingal.orienteering.ie/  
  • %0D%0A

• Dogs: Allowed on leash
  • %0D%0A

• Parking: Single small beach side car park which is shared with Sunday walkers. Car pool rather than driving solo.
  • %0D%0A

• Directions: Signposted from Ballygarrett junction
  • %0D%0A

• Time to Start and from Finish: 2 minutes
  • %0D%0A

• Maps: Maps are printed on water-resistant material at a scale of 1:5000 (Yellow, Orange) and 1:7,500 (remaining courses) on A3 paper. Contour interval is 2.5 metres.
  • %0D%0A

• Timing: The SportIdent units will be punching only
  • %0D%0A

• Start-times: 11:00-13:00
  • %0D%0A

• Courses close: 15:00
  • %0D%0A

• Leave no trace: Please bring all your rubbish home
  • %0D%0A

• Map Notes: There are some faint new tracks that have not been mapped, and some of the tracks mapped as indistinct have become distinct.
  • %0D%0A

%0D%0A

Thanks to the National Parks and Wildlife Service and local landowners for granting permission to use their land.

(@imurphy)
Reputable Member

Closing for this event is 23:59 Friday.
If you can find it in your soul to enter tonight it would be greatly appreciated.
Arrive early on Sunday so you will still have time to treat your mum to a meal out in the afternoon.

(@imurphy)
Reputable Member

Great chance to gather loads of points in the leinster league for anyone doing the Brown course! 
Total entries for Cahore Brown course as at 10:30 this morning; ZERO %F0%9F%98%B3

(@stuart)

Alas, a single person doing the Brown course will just get 1000 points (which admittedly for me would be a massive improvement, but may not suit the good people quite so well!). It's been a while since I've run on sand dunes but unfortunately I can't make it.

Page 2 / 3
Share:
Orienteering in Ireland
  • Orienteering Ireland
    Irish Sport HQ
    Blanchardstown
    D15 DY62
    Ireland
  • fixtures@orienteering.ie
  • info@orienteering.ie