Home | Downloads | Documentation | Samples | Screenshots
Ór is a program that will allow you to produce results from an orienteering event. It is usually used for with SPORTident but has also been used for “punch” events.
If your computer has an up-to-date of Java then you should read the FAQ or you may have problems connecting to your download station.
Features of Ór
- Ór can be used with or without SPORTident.
- Ór is intuitive to use.
- Unlike other software for SPORTident, Ór is designed to be used in “Entry on the Day” and Colour Coded events as well as Championship type, Class based events.
- Ór handles normal, cross-country, Scatter, Score or Relay events.
- For small events, one person can handle Entries, Start and Finish.
- Ór produces results in HTML format, ready for publication on the web.
- Ór produces Split results in HTML and CSV format for publishing on the web or uploading to Winsplits.
- Ór can print normal results or full split time results.
- Ór can show results live on a separate monitor. This gives the most up-to-date results and removed the need to print results.
- Ór can show results (almost) live on the internet.
- Ór is being developed for Irish orienteering, so you can request new features, (though there's no guarantee that you'll get them).
- Ór has a Simulator which allows you to get used to using it without needing any SPORTident equipment.
- Ór will automatically check for updates when it is launched. You can be sure that you are using the most up-to-date version of Ór and IOA Archive.
- Ór can automatically produce individual split sheets as competitors download. It can also show the same information on a Download Screen to help diagnose any problems.
- GPS feature. Competitors with a Garmin GPS receiver can get a splits sheet that includes an image of the map with their routes superimposed.
- Ór can import course information from OCAD or other Course Design Tools.
- Ór can upload results to orienteering.ie easily. It can also automatically create a RouteGadget event.
- Ór can download and use the most up-to-date version of the IOA SPORTident Archive. This speeds up data entry.
- Ór can allocate start times in pre-entry events.
- Ór can handle multi-day events
- Oh, did I mention it's free?
Fixed a problem download V10 cards when the master station is in extended mode
Fixed a problem downloading the Start Box when the start box in extended mode
Fixed a problem with importing from OCAD. If a control was near the edge of the map, Ór would report an error on Step 4 even though the import was successful.
Current standings added to end of splits sheets.
Supports new SI cards in extended mode
GPS split sheet printing pops up printer selection box.
New Entries List contest menu to set start time
Some context menu items on the Entries list now support multi-select (eg. delete)
Added feedback so you can check if the import from OCAD worked correctly
Various bug fixes.
Fixed problem with start time in split sheets.
Fixed problem printing splits sheets when competitor doesn't punch at the finish.
Fixed problem with score courses.
Improved handling of dodgy punch times.
Class based courses caused an exception when saving splits as HTML.
Manually DNFing a competitor caused an exception when generating results.
If a control has the wrong time you can now ignore it and stop it from messing up the results.
Fixed problem editing Score courses.
Fixed problem with competitors without SI number.
'Off the clock' road crossings.
Reordering of courses or classes so results can be shown in a logical order.
Fixed a bug when importing classes from the OCAD data.
Fixed a bug when using the Clear button in the Simulator.
Finishers panel and splits sheets incorrectly reported that finishers had no status.
Redesigned the SPORTident code.
Download Start times more robust.
You can enter a Federation ID when adding a competitor.
You can rename controls. e.g. control 101 can be called CP1.
Federation IDs in the archive are copied into the results csv file
Added Download Screen which can be shown on a separate monitor, visible by competitor or download official. This is to help reduce distractions for the computer operator.
Made the GPS splits feature more robust.
Fixed a problem tha can occur if the courses file is edited with a spreadsheet.
Fixed a problem with inserted controls in the output csv file.
Fixed a bug with punches 31-36 on V5 cards.
Fixed a problem where re-downloading a card after punching the finish added a new entry instead of overwriting the old one.
Added support for controls with codes greater than 255.
Fixed Live Internet Results configuration panel
Downloading no longer interferes with the Add Entry panel. Now the operator can keep typing, without interruption, while competitors download.
Now accepts & handles Rental cards in the SI Archive.
Live results on a second display
Live results on the internet
Download competitor start times from the start box(es).
Ór can handle the SPORTident Extended mode and/or Autodownload mode.
You may enter competitors without an SI number
Fixed bug where it was possible to enter letters into SI number field.
Statistics panel makes life easier at the end of an event
Com port on main dialogue for ease of access.
Improved time handling.
Can mix and match manual and SI.
Can delete competitions.
Can overwrite already-uploaded results on orienteering.ie.
Improved importing Courses and Map image from OCAD.
Can change result reports from Course based to Class based and vv on the fly.
Competitors that are in the Archive may be auto-entered when they download. There is still the option to add them to the Unknown list instead.
Many bug fixes.
- Ór does not automatically produce or import backups yet.
- Ór does not handle Butterflies yet.
- Ór operates only as a single computer application.
What will Ór not do?
- Ór is a results program, not an event management program. It does not collate entry forms, print envelope stickers, produce start lists, produce control descriptions or any of the myriad of functions that other programs can perform. It only produces results!
- Ór cannot program the SPORTident control boxes. You still need SIManager or SIConfig (free from SPORTident) for that. Thankfully, you should never have to get involved with that any more.
- Ór is designed for events with relatively small numbers of competitors - hundreds rather than thousands.
- Ór requires Windows XP, Vista, Linux or Mac OS(x86). Note. Ór will not download from GPS units on Linux or Mac.
- Ór requires Java 1.6 or better. See the downloads page for details on getting Java.
- Ór has been tested on a single processor 2GHz machine with 512M of RAM. It should work well on a less powerful machine but you will need at least 512M of RAM if you are using the GPS feature.
- Ór requires the correct SPORTident driver. See the downloads page for details.
If you have any questions or problems, email email@example.com and I will help if I can. Please note that Ór is free software and comes with no warranty.