Below you will find a link to the 2014 JHI Selection Policy. Please read it carefully.
Any questions or queries, please e-mail mike.long at ucd.ie
Selection Policy for Irish team to:
Junior Home International (JHI) 2014, 30-31 August, Oban, Scotland.
Classes M/W 18, 16, 14 (max 4 runners per class)
To compete on the Irish team at the JHI, an athlete must be a current member of a NIOA or IOA club, and must either:
- Have been born, or have a parent who was born in Ireland or Northern Ireland
- Have established residence for at least one year, (this includes students who can prove a home base in Northern Ireland/Ireland).
Requirements for selection:
** Compete at the Irish Championships 2014 Middle and Long races.
** Accumulate at least three counting results from the list of competitions below.
Athletes who cannot satisfy these requirements may be eligible for selection if there is good reason. Please notify the selectors in advance if you can’t attend these events.
Competition results to be considered for JHI 2014 selections:
** Sat 3 May Irish Championships Middle, Camaderry, Wicklow – appropriate A/L/E age class
** Sun 4 May Irish Championships Long, Lough Firrib, Wicklow – appropriate A/L/E age class
- Sun 6 Apr Leinster Championships, Dysart, Co. Laois – appropriate age class
- Fri 18 Apr JK Sprint – appropriate age class
- Sat 19 Apr JK day 2 – appropriate A or E age class
- Sun 20 Apr JK day 3 – appropriate A or E age class
- Sat 21 Jun Donard Forest, Co. Down
The selectors will consider all known form, and will also take into account the level of commitment of athletes as shown by
- maintaining an online training diary e.g. Attackpoint
- responding promptly to emails
- giving valid excuses for not attending training camps/competitions
- joining an athletics club
- running non-orienteering races as training
- orienteering regularly and often
- running the March 2014 Time Trial
Juniors are also reminded that they should only wear their Irish Squad kit when representing Ireland at international competitions, club kit should be worn at all other times.
It is hoped to finalise the team by the end of June.