There are a number of Permanent Orienteering Courses around the country. These are courses which are set up by various organisations eg Coillte or Councils often with the assistance of local Orienteering Clubs.
View Permanent Orienteering Courses in a larger map
Schools, Scout and Family groups can use these courses.
Some venues provide the Orienteering map free to download. In other cases there is a small charge and the map is available at the venue. If in doubt contact the venue directly.
Permanent Orienteering courses in Cork
Permanent Orienteering Courses in Coillte forests around the country
- Avondale, Co. Wicklow
- Hellfire, Co. Dublin
- Masseys Estate, Co. Dublin
- Curragh Chase, Co. Limerick
- Lough Key Forest Park, Boyle, Co. Roscommon
- Carrickgollgen, Kilternan, Co. Dublin
- Barnaslingen, Kilternan, Co. Dublin
- Donadea Forest Park, Clane, Co. Kildare
- Farren Forest Park, Co. Cork
- Ticknock, Sandyford, Co. Dublin
- Ballyhoura, Co. Limerick
- Ards, Co. Donegal
Permanent Orienteering courses in Dublin Area
Permanent Orienteering courses in the South-East
There may be a small charge for the map.
- Kilkenny Castle
- Portlaoise Peoples Park
- JFK Arboretum
- Lismore Heritage
- Courtown Forest Park
- Castlecomer Discovery Park
Get more details about How to Start Orienteering from our FAQ